Friday, July 21, 2006

A LETTER FROM CHAR

Here is an email that Char Tierney sent to a brother in response to a letter from him. Don't you agree with everything in this letter? Isn't it an honor to serve Jesus today?!

Dear Brother,

Reading the Bible verses that your pastor preached about at church today reminds me of how I felt as a child. I always wished I could have been alive in the days when Jesus was on earth, or when Samuel was the prophet in Israel, or when Samson did mighty works for the Father and for Israel, or in any of the times mentioned in the Bible. I always thought it would be the best thing in the world to be alive on earth, doing the will of the Father, and knowing Him. Miracles were done by God, and people talked to Him and He talked to them.

I grew up in a home that went to church so I was familiar with the stories from the Bible and I loved them. However, as a teenager, I turned away from seeking the Father. I continued to believe in Him, but I just thought I wasn't going to be able to get to know Him until I died. He sent an angel to speak to me when I was 24, and I listened to what the angel came to say (he came to warn me about my life) and I started seeking the Father, because I was so happy that He had wanted to contact me. I was so glad that He cared enough to contact me. I remember spending all my time waiting on Him, telling Him thank you for reaching out to me. After three days of waiting on Him, on my face before Him, He spoke to me! I didn't expect that He would speak to me. He told me right away that He loves me and that I can ask Him anything that I want to - He will answer! That is when my relationship with Him really began: when I found out that He speaks to men and women today. That was in 1980, so it has been a wonderful time since then, getting to know Him better, and loving Him and being loved by Him. He has done many miracles, especially since we started making and giving away the pictures of Jesus. People have been healed, as I said, and people have been delivered from death. One woman had an electrical line fall on her house while she was in the shower. The water was very, very hot and she got out of the water, but the plumbers told her over and over and over that they could not understand why she was not dead. This was about a week after she received the pictures and started giving them out.

Another woman received the pictures of Jesus and gave one to her son. He put it in his car, and the next day he got in a car accident and his car was totally smashed up. She said that after the accident the boy was totally unhurt and the picture of Jesus was just sitting there on his car seat. The police who came to the accident to help were amazed that he was okay. We know that Jesus protected him.

Other people have said that Jesus smiled at them from the picture or he talked to them from the picture. We have seen the same thing ourselves. One time a little boy in India, (he as about 7 or 8) the son of a family we know, was kidnapped by Muslims who hate his family because of Jesus. They broke both of his legs. He was held by them for two weeks, and as he lay in a bed where they held him, he had his picture of Jesus that he was wearing when they grabbed him. After he was free, he told his parents that Jesus spoke to him from the picture and told him that he would be free and that he would be okay. Can you imagine lying there, just a little boy, afraid that they will kill you and worried about your family, and then Jesus speaks to you. What a great God we serve!

So now, thanks to Jesus, and His love, and the call of the Holy Spirit, and the friendship of the Father, we are participating in times that are just the same as Bible times. We are doing His will and we know Him and we love Him, and I couldn't be happier, unless Jesus had actually returned to the earth, and all mankind knew that He is God, and He loves them, and Satan was captured and his works put to an end.

Well, God bless you, Brother. It is good to talk to you, and I pray you will enjoy your day in the park with the Father.

Love in Jesus,
Charlotte